When compared to a couple of hundred years ago, we all enjoy a very good standard of living and if we are honest, we take certain things like electricity and running water for granted. Despite this, there are still things that we can do to enrich our lives and here are a few good examples.
- Fresh organic fruit and vegetables – Just because there are no organic farms in your immediate area, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy fresh organic fruit and vegetables. Every private farm has their own website, from where they sell their produce, which is delivered to your door.
- Take up yoga – It’s tough to find someone who practices this ancient eastern discipline and doesn’t have great things to say about the results. Yoga develops the mind, body and spirit and we could all do with some down to earth natural healing, which involves learning how to meditate and be one with the inner-self.
- Drink craft beer – We all know there are harsh chemicals in mass-produced beer and there are microbreweries that sell craft beer in NZ directly from their website. Aside from being a healthier option than mass-production beers, craft beers offer premium taste and are very affordable when compared to your regular tipple. Pay their drinking venue a visit when the pandemic is over and meet other beer drinkers and you can discuss various brews while sampling.
- Mountain biking – New Zealand has much to offer the person who loves natural beauty and a few hours of brisk riding is a great overall physical workout. Invite the whole family to take up cycling and you won’t regret it and don’t be surprised if you have a spring in your step, which is a sign of a fit body.
- Set goals – It is oh so easy to slip into a routine and if you were to ask yourself, this life is not what you had hoped. Sit down and think about your work, your relationships and the general direction your life is taking and if it leaves a lot to be desired, make some life-changing plans and take control of your destiny. We need short and long term goals to push us and progress should be charted and issues dealt with as soon as they emerge.
Working on self-improvement should be a priority and regarded as a work in progress and this an optimistic attitude and tons of enthusiasm, your life will continue to get better.